At the beginning of the month we announced our survey results from our August survey. One of the most interesting feedback we received was the request for better search engine optimization and search engine friendly URL support in Nooku Content.
Today, if you want to create a multi-lingual search engine optimized Joomla website you need to install a multi-tude of different extensions (multi-lingual, search engine friendly URLs, metadata, etc…) . Not anymore ! Nooku Content 0.6 will offer all these features out of the box. What can you expect to see in our 0.6 version :
- Improved search engine friendly (SEF) URL’s. Nooku Content 0.6 will be able to remove any numeric information from the URL’s resulting in very clean and fully search engine optimized URL’s.
- Alias validation. Nooku Content 0.6 will be able to prevent duplicated aliases for content items (articles, weblinks, categories, etc…). It will also be able to correctly convert a title into an alias on the fly for almost any language.
- Improved metadata support. Nooku Content 0.6 will allow you to define keywords, description and author information for menu items and translate them. This feature will allow you to translate not only what the user reads but also what a search engine reads.
- Redirect support. Nooku Content 0.6 will offer a new menu type called ‘redirect’, which will allow you to create a search engine friendly URL that will redirect to an external website.
- Smarter page titles. Nooku Content 0.6 will optimize the way Joomla! 1.5 creates its page titles to help improve your search engine rankings.